UK – Travel
TO CHILL FACTORE MANCHESTER
- By Car – The Chill Factore is situated next door to Manchester’s Trafford Centre, one junction off junction 10 of the M60 Motorway. Sat Nav Ref: M41 7JA.
- By Bus – There is a shuttle bus service running at peak times 4 times an hour, between Stretford Metro Station and Chill Factore. This service stops at the Trafford Centre bus station so customers can either catch a bus to Chill Factore from the Streford Metro Station or from the Trafford Centre.
- Accommodation – If doing both ski days, you can choose to stay in one of the following hotels that are close by the centre: Tulip Inn, Old Park Lane, Manchester, M17 8PG. Tel: 0161 755 3344 Travel Inn, 18-20 Trafford Boulevard, M41 7JE. Tel: 0870 990 6310 The Hilton, 303 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 4LQ. Tel: 0161 870 1600 Old Trafford Lodge, Manchester Cricket Ground, M16 0PX. Tel: 0161 874 3333
TO XSCAPE CASTLEFORD (Colorado Way, Glasshoughton, Castleford WF10 4TA)
- By Car – Xscape is just next to the motorway and very easy to get to by car, with 1,400 free parking spaces. Simply leave the M62 at J32 and follow the brown tourism signs for Xscape/Outlet Village to the main car parks, >From the M1 At J42 take the M62 Eastbound (signposted Hull and Pontefract). Simply leave the M62 at J32 and stay in the left hand lane and you will enter the approach to the main car park. Or follow brown tourism signs for Xscape/Outlet Village >From the A1M Take the M62 Westbound (signposted Manchester and Leeds) You can see the building from the M62 when travelling from this direction. Simply leave the M62 at J32 and follow brown tourism signs for Xscape/Outlet Village to the main Xscape car park
- By Bus – Services run between; 410 & 411 – Leeds & Freeport Castleford X62 – Leeds – Freeport Castleford – Hull City Bus Station 134, 135, 136, or 137 – Castleford Bus Station – Freeport Castleford Enquiries Tel: 0113 2457676 or visit the website
- By Rail – There’s a dedicated rail station at Xscape Castleford called Glasshoughton Station with trains running regularly on the Pontefract Line from Leeds- Knottingley/Goole. You can also get a train to Castleford Station then take a 5-10 minute taxi or bus ride on the 134, 135, 136 or 137 bus service from Castleford Bus Station (opposite the train station) to Xscape Castleford. Visit the website at http://www.xscape.co.uk/yorkshire or call 0113 2457676 or 08457 48 49 50 for details.
TO SNOW CENTRE HEMEL HEMPSTEAD
- By Car – The Snow Centre is located just five minutes from the M1 (Sat Nav reference HP3 9NH). Exit the M1 at Junction 8 and follow the A414 towards Hemel Hempstead. At the third roundabout take the first exit signposted ‘Bennett’s End’. Turn first right into ‘St Albans Hill’. Straight on at the first mini-roundabout, then right at the next mini-roundabout into the entrance. There is free parking on site.
- By Rail/Bus – Hemel Hempstead is on the London Euston to Milton Keynes line. Once at the station, simply take the 500 bus to the town centre and then pick up the 300 bus which passes The Snow Centre. The Snow Centre is only 10 minutes by taxi from the station.
UK – Equipment
WHAT CLOTHING SHOULD I TAKE TO WEAR
On the UK real snow slopes the temperature has to be very low. You should bring your regular ski gear:
- Warm ski jacket
- Warm waterproof ski pants
- Fleece, or breathable sweater
- Ski socks
- Warm waterproof gloves
- Ski boots
However it will not snow or get windy, and there will be no UV light, therefore goggles and sunglasses are not required.
WHAT EQUIPMENT SHOULD I BRING?
Equipment hire with the Warren Smith Ski Academy is included in the price for all UK courses. However you are more than welcome to bring your own. There is no reduction on the price for doing so.
CAN I HIRE EQUIPMENT AT UK VENUES
There is a vast selection of equipment for hire at all UK Venues. However, we would strongly recommend that you take your own boots if you have some.